Announcements
  • SHARE THE GIFT OF LOVE

    BLOOD MOBILE 

    Thursday, March 16 - 11am to 6pm. 


  • The Upper Room via E-mail
  • We Can Help Each Other

    If you need something done, let us know what that is. If you have skills to share, what are they? After you are connected, each individual worker and employer can work out their own compensation agreement. Just call the church office at 756-2382.


  September 2017  
SMTWTFS
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
     
Upcoming Events
SEP

20

WED
Adult Bells
5:45 PM to 6:45 PM
Choir
7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
SEP

21

THU
P31
5:15 AM to 6:15 AM
SEP

24

SUN
Sunday School
9:45 AM to 10:45 AM
Morning Worship Service
10:50 AM to 12:00 PM
UMYF
6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
SEP

25

MON
P31
5:15 AM to 6:15 AM
Boy Scouts
6:30 PM
SEP

26

TUE
P31
5:15 AM to 6:15 AM
Cub Scouts
5:30 PM to 7:00 PM
Prayer Group
7:00 PM
SEP

27

WED
Adult Bells
5:45 PM to 6:45 PM
Choir
7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
SEP

28

THU
P31
5:15 AM to 6:15 AM
OCT

01

SUN
Sunday School
9:45 AM to 10:45 AM
Morning Worship Service
10:50 AM to 12:00 PM
Holy Communion
10:55 AM to 12:00 PM
UMYF
6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
OCT

02

MON
P31
5:15 AM to 6:15 AM
Boy Scouts
6:30 PM
OCT

03

TUE
P31
5:15 AM to 6:15 AM
Cub Scouts
5:30 PM to 7:00 PM
Prayer Group
7:00 PM
OCT

04

WED
Adult Bells
5:45 PM to 6:45 PM
Choir
7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
OCT

05

THU
P31
5:15 AM to 6:15 AM
UMW
2:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Bible Search
Our Church History

 

Lindsay United Methodist Church

 

Soon after the town of Lindsay was established in 1902, several churches had begun Sunday School classes.  On July 10, 1903 the Trustees of the Methodist Episcopal Church bought Lot 1 and Lot 2, Block 96 in Lindsay, which are now the Lots on the southwest of Second and Comanche Streets, and built our first church facility.  Rev. J.D. Salter was the first pastor.  On May 18, 1915 this property was sold to M.M. Smith for $525.00 by the Trustees of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South of Lindsay, Oklahoma. 

 

With the oil boom of the 1940s church attendance had grown to such an extent that more room was definitely needed.  Several barracks buildings were moved onto the church yard.  Growth continued so that in 1951 and 1952, the present Educational Building, containing our kitchen, Fellowship Hall (present Parlor), Pastor’s Study, Secretary’s Office, Nursery, Restrooms and 18 Classrooms, was built.

 

In 1959 all of the existing property of the church had been acquired.  The 1913 church building was removed from the property and a new Sanctuary was built at a cost of $97,000.00.  The area north of the Sanctuary was later bought and designated as a future parking area. The present parsonage on 204 Southwest 2nd Street was built in 1959. The parsonage has three bedrooms, a living room, den, kitchen and 1 ½ baths.

 

In the fall of 1990 the estates of Leona Percy and Leta Percy Blundell blessed our church with opportunity to expand facilities.  Percy Hall, a large all-purpose fellowship and recreational area (basketball court), new restrooms, a Choir Room (serving also a Sunday School classroom), storage room, an enlarged kitchen with new freezers, ice makers and added storage space was built and completed in the spring 1991. 

 

The year 2002 was designated as the Lindsay United Methodist Church Centennial Year in conjunction with the City of Lindsay Centennial Year.

                                               

Urel Lacy, Researcher.